|A delicious steak salad|
What a quick and easy meal to prepare, and it offers everything on one plate. Your greens, veggies, meat and potatoes, what more could anybody ask for.
What I like best about having steak salad is heating the dressing, who I'm I kidding, everything is the best about this steak salad.
I've made this with New York strip steak, but I have to tell you I like it better with a nice Rib-Eye. If you don't eat steak try your favorite seafood.
- 16 oz. New York Strip or any steak of your choice, this should make 2 or 3 salads
- Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 bag of steak fries, or French fries found in your frozen food section. Best is Homemade
- Romaine lettuce, enough for however many salads you want to make
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 2 or 3 nice tomatoes
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 or 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 bottle of sweet and sour or poppy seed salad dressing. Or any dressing that you prefer.
- Boil your eggs, and cut them into slices, clean your lettuce and set it aside in a bowl
- Chop the green onions, and cut tomatoes into wedges, set these aside
- Begin cooking your steak or French fries
- Season the steak with Montreal steak seasoning to your taste
- Cook your steak on the grill or in the broiler. To your liking
- Prepare your salad plates with the lettuce, sliced eggs, onions, and tomatoes
- Cut your steak into strips and add it to the salad
- Add the steak fries, and shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the dressing and you're all set.
- Here is a tip: This is best when the dressing is heated.