When you have a large family good recipes are in abundance, and our family is no exception. This recipe for Taco pizza was created by my daughter-in-laws sister Melissa, and trust me Melissa knows how to feed a crowd.
At every family event she is always cooking something special, so I’ll need to spend some time with her to see if I can’t convince her to keep them coming.
And if you’re looking for a meatless night for your dinner just leave out the meat.
Here is what Melissa says you need:
1 - 8oz Package sour cream
2-3 cups - Cheddar Cheese
4 cups - Shredded Lettuce
1-2 - Medium Size Tomatoes - Chopped
1-lb - Ground Beef, Sliced Chicken, Ground Turkey - pick one or none!
1 - Package Taco Seasoning
16oz - Can Refried Beans
2 - Bags Tortilla Chips and/or Scoops of your choice
Here is how she prepares it:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees...
- LAYER 1 - Spread Refried Beans on a cookie baking sheet - round pizza pan size or 9x12 cookie sheet - your choice! Bake for 10-12 min on 350 degrees. Beans will bubble when they're done.
- While Refried Beans are baking, brown meat of your choice. Once meat is done, Add Taco Seasoning package with water as directed on package.
- Let Refried beans cool for a few minutes 3-5min, while cooling....Chop tomatoes and prepare cheese and lettuce.
- LAYER 2 - Spread Sour Cream on cooled Refried Beans.
- LAYER 3 - Shake 1 cup Cheddar Cheese all over dish.
- LAYER 4 - Add chopped Lettuce all over dish.
- LAYER 5 - Add chopped Tomatoes all over dish.
- LAYER 6 - Sprinkle remaining Cheddar Cheese all over dish.
- Serve now or Heat 3-5 min in oven to melt cheese.
- Serve immediately - Can be a main course dish, or appetizer - you decide!
* This will serve 6-8 people.
As always Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy