This Reuben sandwich served with a salad and some fruit makes a great lunch or dinner. I call this classic because it was made with Corned Beef, Swiss cheese, Sauerkraut, and creamy Thousand Island dressing,
My daughter made these and served them with a nice salad, some grapes and strawberries. Well I ate the Reuben and a few grapes, the kids had Mac and Cheese and fruit. The Reuben is not difficult to make, and you can serve it cold or toasted, we made ours toasted, that’s the way I like it.
This is what you need:
- 6 or 8 slices of Corned Beef
- 6 Slices of Swiss Cheese
- 1 bag of sauerkraut
- 1 bottle of thousand island dressing
- 6 slices of marble rye bread
- Some butter
Here is all you need to do:
- Brown the sauerkraut in a skillet
- Heat up your griddle to medium heat, butter one side of a slice of bread and place it butter side down on the griddle.
- Now begin to build your sandwich, place 1 or 2 slices of cheese, and then the slices of corned beef, now heap on the sauerkraut.
- Butter another slice of bread and place it on top, now all you need to do is grill your sandwich to perfection.
- Now open it up and pour on the dressing and serve.