|Vegetarian Enchiladas right out of the oven|
You can find some great enchiladas in Mexico, or you can whip up a nice lunch or dinner of low fat vegetarian enchiladas in your own kitchen in about 30 minutes.
So the next time you're having some friends over for margaritas, and you need to serve a nice lunch, these enchiladas will be sure to please your friends.
This recipe is from my son Sam the Chef; he graduated from culinary school in 1997 and ever since has been coming up with all kinds of great recipes.
You can check out his Facebook page, Cooking with Monaco.
If you're like me you can spice it up a bit with some hot or mild sauce, I prefer the hot.
1 can of fat free re-fried beans
1/2 bag of Boca Crumbles
1 can of mild rotel
1 tsp of taco seasoning
5 whole wheat soft taco shells or tortillas
1 small can of enchilada sauce
1 - 8oz bag of fat free shredded cheese
- In a small pot, combine the re-fried beans, boco crumbles, rotel, and taco seasoning.
- Heat this over medium heat until the beans are soft.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 spoons full if the mixture
- Roll and place in a baking dish side by side
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the top and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 to 3 people
Enchiladas originated of course in Mexico, and are very popular with the street vendors. There are so many varieties of enchiladas. You can fill them with beef, vegetables, chicken, or seafood.