|Spreading the dough in my pizza pan|
This is quick and easy dough, and if you are in the mood for pizza here is my homemade pizza recipe, or my ever to delicious pepperoni bread. But you may want to use this dough for some great snacks like garlic rolls, bread sticks, and what about that oh so famous fried dough. The kind you buy at your local county fairs, you know the one with sugar all over it.
Here is what you need:
2 packages of active dry yeast
2-1/4 cups of warm water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar (optional) I don’t use the sugar, you may prefer to use it
3 tbsp of Crisco or oil (I sometimes use light olive oil)
5 to 6 cups of all purpose flour
Here is all you need to do:
- In a measuring cup add the yeast to the warm water. Let this stand until you see some bubbles.
- In a large bowl or your KitchenAid mixing bowl add the flour, salt, and oil
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the warm water and yeast.
- Now start to mix, or place your dough hook and turn on your stand mixer
- You want to mix until the dough is nice and smooth and not too sticky.
- Cover and let the dough rise for 1 hour or more.
- After the dough rises, punch it down and divide it up for what ever you are making.
I get three nice 12” or 14” pizzas from this recipe depending on the thickness of your pizza.
|Flour salt and oil in my KitchenAid mixing bowl|
|Two pizzas out of the oven|
As always thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy