This easy croutons recipe has been in our family for as long as I can remember. Passed down from our grandmother to our mother's to us. Every time grandma Liz made her Wedding Soup she made these soup croutons to go along with it.
I've only had these in Wedding Soup, but I'm sure they would be great in any of your favorite soups. I had a recipe for these and have made them several times. They just weren't the same as grandma's soup croutons.
Once again I had to call out the reserves, my cousin Jimmy from Arizona had the recipe just the way that grandma made them.
Here is the recipe for soup croutons:
Jimmy's Ingredients for Soup Croutons:
6 large eggs (separated)
4 tablespoons flour
6 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon grated Romao cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Jimmy's Instructions for easy soup croutons:
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks with all other ingredients and mix well.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites until they are fluffy and form peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture using a spatula.
- Pour and spread the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch greased cookie sheet.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool and cut into 1-inch cubes.
Here is the link to our wedding soup recipe, from our grandmother's kitchen to yours. Give this soup and croutons a try I'm sure you'll enjoy these especially on a cold day.
As always thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!
Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 3-Piece Cookie Pan Set, GrayT-fal A92280 Specialty Total Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe StockpotLadle Stainless Steel ,11.5 InchKOVOT Set of 4 Speckled Ceramic Soup Bowls With Spoons