So you're finally home after working all day, and you realize that you really haven't thought about dinner. Tonight is your meatless night or maybe you're a vegetarian.
This is a great recipe that my wife whips up in no time at all. Well it does take her a little time, but it could go even faster if I help.
Spaghetti with fresh bell peppers and onions is a nice, easy light meal, unless you eat the whole pound of spaghetti. There are so many variations to this, you could use whatever vegetables that you like. I prefer the fresh peppers and onions because the peppers are so sweet and have such an amazing flavor. I like to top it off with some fresh ground black pepper and just a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, just for a little extra kick.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 glove Garlic
- 1/2 Medium Onion
- Olive Oil
- Add olive oil to a 12" fry pan, enough to cover the bottom
- Mince or finely chop the garlic
- Slice your peppers and onions into strips
- Saute over medium heat until peppers are tender
- Cook and drain your spaghetti
- Pour the sauteed peppers and onions over your spaghetti, toss, and serve