My wife and daughter have been whipping up some pretty healthy meals lately. Here is another one we made just the other night using coconut oil again.
We started off with four nice haddock fillets, some whole wheat bread crumbs, almonds, 2 eggs, and of course the coconut oil.
Here is what we did:
- Use about 3/4 cups of whole almonds chopped in a food processor or your blender.
- On serving platter spread out the whole wheat bread crumbs and mix in the chopped almonds.
- In bowl crack and beat 2 large eggs
- Add 5 or 6 tablespoons to a frying pan; we used an electric Dutch oven set on low enough to melt the coconut oil making sure it is enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Dip the fish in the egg and then the coating of almonds and bread crumbs.
- Turn the setting on the Dutch oven up to 350 degrees.
- Now cook the fish for about 6 minutes per side or longer depending on the thickness.
|Melting the coconut oil|
|Prepare the coating|
|Frying the fish|
We served this with rice and Brussel sprouts for a very healthy meal. This was so good I was looking for more after it was gone.
As always Thanks for stopping by, I sure hope you enjoyed.