Niagara Falls - Great Vacation Spot

Niagara Falls

If you looking for a wonderful day, a weekend getaway or a nice vacation for the family take a trip to Niagara Falls. If you have ever been there then you've experienced the roar of water crashing over the falls, the mist, and the beauty of it all.

If you have never been there, consider packing your bags. We are fortunate enough to live in Western New York, and the Falls are only two hours away, so we have been there several times.

Every time we go it never ceases to amaze me. Niagara Falls is made up of three waterfalls, the Horseshoe Falls, The American Falls, and the smallest the Bridal Veil Falls. Collectively the falls are on the international border between the Canadian province of Ontario and the U.S., state of New York.

The Horseshoe Falls - Also Known As the Canadian Falls the Largest of the Three

The Horseshoe Falls

About 90% of the Niagara River flows over the Horseshoe Falls the remaining 10% flows over the American Falls.

This is our son, Sammy and his beautiful wife Tricia in front of the Horseshoe Falls
The American Falls are in the United States in New York

The Bridal Falls

The Bridal Falls

The Bridal Falls are the smallest of the three falls. This is where the Cave of the Winds is located. This is another amazing attraction that the American Falls has to offer.

Cave of the Winds - New York

The Cave of the winds

The Cave of the Winds is a natural cave behind the Bridal Veil Falls. An elevator will take you down to the level of the Niagara River at the base of the American Falls. There you will be able to walk out onto a series of decks and platforms that lead to the base of the Bridal Falls.

There will be water crashing down on you and water flowing under the decks; here you can experience tropical storm-like conditions. Oh, don't worry they will give you foot ware and raincoats to wear, and Ladies if you just had your hair done just the way you like it you may want to think twice about going out on the decks. 

The Maid of the Mist - A Fantastic Boat Trip

The Maid of the Mist

This boat ride is going to take you right up to the base of the Horseshoe Falls. Once again you're going to get wet. But don't worry they do give you raincoats here also.

If you're on the top deck or bow of the boat for sure plan on getting wet. If you visit the falls this is something that you don't want to miss.

The American Falls at Night

Night time at the Falls the ligh show

The Falls are so beautiful at night, both the U.S. and Canadian sides light up the Falls for a spectacular light show that you won't want to miss.

If you plan a Niagara Falls vacation don't forget your passport so you can visit the Canadian side of the Falls for more fun and attractions.
As always Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit to Niagara Falls


  1. Hi Sam, The power of Niagara Falls is just awesome! Great article. Best, Donna

    1. Hi Donna, It is just a wonderful site to see. Thanks so much for stopping by :) Sam

  2. Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, I hope you make it there someday I know you'll love it. It is a wonderful place for a vacation and so much to see and do. Thanks for stopping by.

  3. Wow! That´s awesome! I hope I can go there one day.

    1. Thanks Thelma, You'll find it very breathtaking :)

  4. I grew up in western New York State and every summer we (parents, grandparents, siblings) would all go at least 6 times for picnics on the American side, then a trip to the Canadian side to get ice cream for dessert and stay to watch the lightshow at night. I GREW UP visiting Niagara Falls and never get tired of the view. It's spectacular. Gorgeous pictures you feature here.

    1. We make a couple of trips a year, as we're only a little over an hour away, and I agree the view is always amazing!! Thanks for stopping by Pat :)

  5. Zoom Tours Discover the three famous waterfalls of the famous Hornblower Niagara Falls Boat Boat (formerly called Maid of the Mist).


“ I earn money from purchases on affiliate links at no additionl cost to you.” Disclosure Statement