Broiled asparagus with pistachio nuts is a wonderful side dish to serve with a nice steak and baked potato, or with any meal. There are all kinds of articles on the health benefits of asparagus, and I'm not going to go there because you can look them up any time. If you like asparagus, and I do, this is a quick, easy and tasty way to make it.
This takes about 2 minutes of prep time and 10 minutes to cook, and it just tastes so wonderful right out of the broiler. Give it a try you're going to love it.
Add a little more flavor by squeezing a fresh lemon wedge over the asparagus right out of the broiler.
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus
- 1 glove of garlic minced (option garlic powder)
- 1 small bag of shelled pistachios (option walnuts or pecans) or none at all if you don't like nuts.
- Olive Oil ( Light)
- Spread your asparagus on a cookie sheet or broiler pan
- Drizzle or spray with light olive oil
- Spread the minced garlic over the asparagus
- Add the pistachios
- Set your oven on broil setting
- Place in your broiler for about 5 to 8 minutes (time may vary depending on your oven)