Time to breakout the grills, gas or charcoal which ever you prefer.
My son graduated from culinary school and is always coming up with something new. This grilled steak with onion and blue cheese is simply amazing.
This is great served a nice salad, baked potato, or French fries, and a glass of wine or a beer.
I like to have a beer while I'm grilling my steak. If you like good steaks every now and then forget your diet for one day and give this a try.
- 1 steak of your choice (I like a nice rib-eye)
- McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 large onion
- 2 or 3 green onions
- About 1/2 cup of blue cheese or 2 slices of provolone cheese (your choice)
- 2 strips of bacon (Optional)
- Fire up the grill, while you're waiting season your steak with McCormick Seasoning.
- Put your steak on the grill and begin cooking to your liking (I like my steak medium rare)
- If you're using the bacon cook it in a small fry pan (break into small pieces)
- Slice the onion into nice large rings
- Chop up the green stems of the green onions
- When the steak is almost finished add the onion rings to the grill
- Cook the onion for a couple of minutes turning once
- When the steak is ready place the onion rings on top, add your cheese and bacon, close the lid on the grill
- When the cheese has melted and begins to brown take the steak off of the grill
- Garnish with the green onions