This French Onion Soup is another home recipe that is easy to make. You don’t have to go out to a restaurant any more to enjoy French Onion soup.
There is nothing that I liked better than going out to nice restaurant and ordering the French Onion soup as a starter to a great meal.
Here is a wonderful easy to make recipe that you can whip up in no time at all and enjoy this soup right at home.
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 5 onions (Sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 2 Sprigs of fresh Thyme
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 quarts of beef broth (We use Swansons Low Sodium)
- 1 baguette (Sliced)
- ¾ pound of grated provolone and asigo cheese (Option Swiss cheese)
- In a stock pot melt the butter, add the garlic, thyme, and onions, you can add just a little water if needed.
- Cook until the onions a caramelized, then add the wine and simmer until the wine is gone, then remove the thyme.
- Add the beef broth; bring to a slight boil and the turn sown to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into oven safe bowls. Add 2 slices of the baguette, and the cover with the cheese.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and tuning brown.